The Department of Computer Science of JAC has a long running and successful history of transforming many rural and economically backward women into world class computer professionals. The long and prestigious history of the department of Computer Science goes back to more than two decades. This department was established in 1991 as a computer center, offering PGDCA and certificate courses to our students, gradually developed into a department with the introduction of first self-supporting course of JAC, a Bachelor programme Computer Science in 1997. Within a short span of four years, it was upgraded as PG department in 2001, offering master programme in Computer Science and Information Technology, with the objective of imparting Computer Literacy to the rural women and equipping them with IT knowledge to meet the challenges of the modern world. Our courses are broad-based, person-oriented, value-centered, multi-dimensional education with the motto of “Brain Brightens here! Shines everywhere!!” and geared towards developing diverse talents, skills and right attitudes which will make students lead a personally fulfilling, useful and meaningful life.
Since from its inception, this department has quickly grown and developed into a flourishing department as it is today. Currently, 11 young and energetic faculty members are actively working in the department, who contribute to maintain the high standards in research and teaching for which the department has reputation in our college.
After autonomous status was conferred to the college, curriculum was designed in 2004 and revised in 2007, 2008, 2011, 2014 and 2017. Part III UG and PG consist of Core Papers, Core Optional Papers, Job oriented Papers and practical sessions. We have added many need based, job oriented courses such as VB, .NET, RDBMS, JSP, Java Script, VB Script, Java 2 Platform, Mobile Computing, Grid computing, Cloud computing, Green Computing, Distributed Computing, Data Mining, Multimedia, Internet Technology and Applications, Digital Image Processing, E-Management, Software Testing Techniques in our curriculum.
Course Year Established
B. Sc. Computer Science 1997
M.Sc. Computer Science and Information Technology 2001
Diploma in Computer Application 2002
Certificate Course in DTP 2002
Certificate Course in Flash 2002
Certificate Course in Open Source Programming 2009
Certificate Course in Photo Designing 2009
Certificate Course in Graphics Designing 2012
Teaching Staff – Un-Aided Programme
• Rev. Sr. S. Jothi, M.C.A, B.Ed. – HEAD
• Sr. R. Shantha Mary Joshitta, M.C.A.
• Mrs. B. Jasmine, M.C.A., B.Ed., M.Phil.
• Mrs. R. Gowsalya Devi, MS-IT., M.Phil., DCS.
• Miss. S. Ancy., M.C.A., M.Phil.
• Mrs. K. Rani., M.Sc. (CS & IT), M.Phil.
• Miss. S. Iruthaya Ananthi, M.C.A.
• Mrs. V. Annalakshmi, M.C.A., M. Phil.
• Miss. L. Aruna, MCA
• Mrs. A. Angel, M.Sc. (CS & IT), M.Phil.
• Ms. Nivetha, M.Sc. (CS & IT)
Name of the Event Place & Date Funding Agency Level
Multi Faces of Web Technology JAC,
6th – 10th Dec. 2004 ISTE – AICTE, New Delhi National
“Hands On Training In IT” For Rural School Students of Theni District JAC,
29th June – 3rd July 2009 TNSCST, Chennai Regional
National Conference On Computer Science And Engineering JAC,
24th & 25th February 2010 JAC National
Workshop on Signal and Image Processing Using MATLAB JAC,
20th & 21st December, 2011 Nurture Resources, Chennai State
State Level Workshop on Statistical Package JAC,
20th & 21st February,2012 JAC State
Workshop on Database Design using SQL Server 2005 JAC,
21st & 22nd January, 2013 JAC Regional
International Seminar on Mathematics and Computer Science 20th August, 2013 JAC International
Workshop on Advancement in Computer Science 12th and 13th August, 2014 JAC International
Workshop on Advanced DotNet Application Development 8th & 9th January, 2016 JAC National
Workshop on PC Perceptive Hardware and Networking 4th February 2016 JAC State
Workshop on “Data Analytics Using R” 20th & 21st September 2016 JAC National
Workshop on Wonders of IOT 4th March, 2017 JAC State
Guest Lectures Organized :
Year Theme Date
2011- 2012 Project Management 27th July 2011
Open Source Technologies 21st December 2011
2012- 2013 Grid Computing & Cloud Computing 7th September, 2012
Wireless Sensor Network 4th August, 2012
Building interest on Project 1st December 2012
2013- 2014 An Enhancement of IT Skills 7th February, 2014
Image Restoration Techniques 28th February 2014
2014- 2015 Emerging Trends in Information Technology 11th February, 2015
Ethical values in Computer Science 11th, March 2015
2015- 2016 Placement and Current IT Trends 13th July, 2015
Current Events In IT 5th August 2015
2016- 2017 Network Engineering 12th August 2016
Introducing Data Mining Techniques 20th September 2016
i.Awards and recognition Received by the Faculty:
Name Award / Recognition Place
Sr. R. Shantha Mary Joshitta, Head Best Paper Presentation Award Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Nanded, Maharastra, India
Organizing Committee Member of the National conference on Digital Vision -2020 J. A. College for women, Periyakulam
ii.Awards and recognition Received by the Students:
Name Award / Recognition Place
P. Sudha, II M.Sc. Computer Science and Information Technology Worked as a Project Trainer during her final semester Industry based project Impulse Technologies, Chennai
2010 – 11 batch Inter-Collegiate meet Winner CPA College, Bodinayakanur
2010 – 11 batch Inter-Collegiate meet Winner HKRH College, Uthamapalayam
2016 – 17 batch Inter-Collegiate meet Winner Bharath Nikethan Engineering College, Theni
M.V. Muthiah Government Arts College for Women, Dindigul
R. Lavanya, I M.Sc. Computer Science and Information Technology
(2016-2017) II Prize – Cash Award Rs. 3,000/- Murasoli Arakattalai, Kodambakkam, Chennai
2017 – 18 batch Inter-Collegiate meet Winner APA College for Women, Palani
• Cygnet Software, Chennai,
• GI – Tech Terminal Pvt. Ltd., Chennai,
• TCS, Chennai,
• HCL, Chennai,
• Dot Com Info Way Ltd., Madurai,
• Jiffy Solutions, Adambakkam, Chennai,
• Blue Chip Technologies, T.Nagar, Chennai,
• Allied Biztech Solutions Pvt Ltd., Annasalai, Chennai,
• Banyan Technology Solutions, Arcot Road, Porur, Chennai,
• District Rural Development Agency, Theni Dt.,
• R.K. Gut Hospital, Dindigul, Horizone Technology, Chennai,
• Qtech Solutions, Bengaluru,
• Syntel Limited, Chennai,
• Blue Berry Softwares, Chennai,
• Zohar Yahel Company, Chennai,
• Evolvus Solutions, Bengaluru,
• Roland Technology, Chennai,
• Sans Pareil IT Services Private Ltd., Chennai,
• Marvel Soft-Tech, Bengaluru,
• BPTS (P) Ltd., Coimbatore,
• Smart Clixx Technologies (P) Ltd., Chennai.
• Mrs.D.Cynthia Arul Rani, NTT DATA, Asst. Project Manager, DLF, Porur, Chennai.
• Ms.R.Hemalatha, Project Admin, HCL Technologies, Sydney, Australia.
• Mrs.Udayabanu, Teacher, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
• Mrs.Muthu Meena, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
• Ms.M.Nithya Mary, Mahendra Sathyam, Chennai.
• Mrs.S.Jenita Mary, Assistant Professor, S.R.M. University, Chennai.
• Mrs.S.SahayaSugirtha, Assistant Professor, S.R.M. University, Chennai.
• Ms.A.Saranya, Associate Quality Controller, NDS SISCO, Bengaluru.
• Ms.R.Vijayalakshmi, Assistant Manager, KVB , Karur
• Ms.M.Grace Mary, Lead Engineer, HCL Technologies, Chennai.
• Ms.S.Rajalakshmi, PAT, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai
• Ms.R.Kavi Nilavu, Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd, Chennai.
• Ms.J.Jothi, Admin Manager, Wellwin Associates, Chennai.
• Ms.Gokula Divya, Senior SEO Executive, Infogem web solutions (P) ltd., Chennai
• Ms.A.Agatha Chithra, Assistant Professor, PSN Engineering College, Chennai.
• Ms.D.Shantha Sheela, Quality Control, Olympia Tech Park, Chennai.
• Mrs.Karthiyayini, Teacher at Thaai CBSE School, Vadipatti
• Mrs.Dhanalakshmi, Assistant Professor, N. S. College, Theni.
• Mrs. Bharathi, Assistant Professor, Thiraviam College, Theni.