Motto: “Clean and Green Environment”
CO-ORDINATOR: Rev. Sr. A. Irudaya Lourdu Gladis
- To create environmental awareness among the students
- To create love on nature
- To plant trees
- To have a clean and green environment in Campus.
- To create awareness among the students to avoid polythene bags.
- To have plastics and smoke free campus.
First year U.G. Zoology students are enrolled on voluntary basis every year.
- Selecting four members from each class to act as Environ care takers. They are responsible for the surroundings near their department, in the college and in and around their home. Once in a week they collect the plastic and polythene bags. Every month they submit a report.
- Making the campus plastic free zone by following strict rules.
- Organizing guest lectures and seminars based on conservation of environment and eco friendly living.
- Keeping separate dustbins for degradable and non degradable waste.
- Conducting various competitions among JAC-ECO Club members such as growing a healthy plant, to make vermin composite using the waste from the campus, Elocution, Slogan writing, Cartoon drawing and Painting.
- Conduct an awareness campaign to farmers about eco friendly farming.
- Arranging a rally to create environmental awareness to the public.
- Celebrating the wild life conservation week by conducting various competitions.
- Showing films regarding global warming.
- Planting various plantlets in pots at various places of the campus.
- Attending a three day programme on “Education and Training in Nature Conservation and Eco-development” organized by The Anglade Institute of Natural History, Sacred Heart College, Shembaganur, Kodaikanal.
- Planting trees on the occasions of functions and celebrations in the department of Zoology.