JAC – GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING CELL
Motto: “Together We Can Make a Difference”
To enable the less privileged rural students to become self- reliant, self-directed and self actualized, by channelizing effectively and discerningly their potentials and opportunities and handle their physical, emotional, social, moral, economical and academic problems effectively.
- Rev. Sr. Dr. R. Fathima Mary Sylvia M.Sc. M. LiSc., M. Phil., Ph.D.
- Miss. G. Petricia Alphine Nirmala, M.A., M.Phil., B.Ed., DISM
- Mrs. S. Velanganni M.A., M.Phil., PGDCA., (Ph.D)
- To help students become aware of their talents and abilities
- To enable students to grow in independence and to take responsibility for their own selves, their learning and their careers
- To give information on matters important to success.
- To give guidance which will be of help in solving problems
- To help students to face the challenges of life and manage tensions by realizing and accepting the facts
- To counsel to solve social and personal problems and be able to adjust with oneself and the environment
MODE OF FUNCTION
- Conducting regularly mentoring sessions once in a fortnight to sail out students when they face crisis or a period of change in their lives.
- Giving comprehensive and confidential focus on each student as an individual
- Addressing specifically personality, anxiety, sexuality, self actualization, physiological, safety and security needs
- Special counseling on the basis of the requests which are found in the Request box.
- Organizing special talks on positive thinking, life skills, personality development, self-awareness, inter personal relationships and body language etc.