YOUTH RED CROSS
- Protection of health and life – Health
- Service to the sick and the suffering – Service
- Promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of the youth – Friendship
Dr. E.M. Kolasticammal, Associate Professor of Tamil, Jayaraj Anna Packiam College for Women, Periyakulam.
Mrs P. Floras Mary, Associate Professor of History.
Miss P. Mareeswari, Assistant Professor of Commerce.
The YRC is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a student movement organised for students in Colleges. YRC in Jayaraj Annapackiam college for women was established in the academic year 2000-‘01 as per the orders of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- To impart a sense of discipline
- To give formation to the students.
- To create an awareness about taking care of their own health and of others as well
- To understand and accept civic responsibilities and act accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of the spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all and without any discrimination
- To strengthen the spirit of humanitarian and voluntary service in the younger generation
- Organising Blood Donation Camp, Study Camp and Volunteers camp.
- Conducting Awareness Programmes on Vital issues
- Visiting Homes for the Aged, AIDS victims and Mentally Retarded.
- Celebrating Geneva Convention Day and Disabled Day.
- A sense of social and civic responsibilities among the youth is developed
- All forms of humanitarian activities to minimize and even prevent human suffering are encouraged and initiated. This has contributed to the creation of favourable atmosphere of peace and harmony.
- The fundamental principles of Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality are inculcated in the students.